“The NYS is an amazing and rewarding opportunity; a diverse assembly of experience and brilliance! The Summit offered participants a purposeful forum to discuss critical issues impacting American society and success.” MGaines, Educator, Volunteer
THE NYS 2017 | NOVEMBER 13TH & 14TH, 2017 and Opening Ceremony on November 12th, 2017
Our youth are brilliant, talented and ready to change the world. The NYS is designed to help them do exactly that. Please join us in supporting this effort. Your fully tax-deductible donation will help make it possible for high school and college students from across the country to spend two extraordinary days working with national experts from universities, business, and social justice agencies.
We look forward to working with you and students from your organization and schools. We have dedicated months of planning an outstanding experience for all our participants. JOIN US.
- Reducing dropping out
- Decreasing crime and violence
- Introducing entrepreneurship
- Raising awareness of inequity
- Increasing educational achievement
- Increasing financial literacy
- Broadening awareness of STEMM
What will your students gain by attending?
With the escalation of violence among today’s youth matched only by the alarming rate of incarcerations, it is imperative to examine the correlation between the two. Based on a hypothesis that many of the underlying causes of youth violence lie in and are exacerbated by the staggering rate of incarcerations that destroy the family base of millions, The 2016 National Youth Summit will approach solutions to over-incarceration and hyper-policing through the development of revised systems. Each participant is expected to return to their communities with:
- A heightened self-esteem
- A deeper understanding of personal, national and global economics
- An awareness of underlying causes of various social ills including violence and crime
- The ability to teach and lead others towards a less punitive society
- Established relationships with students, business leaders, and educators throughout the country
- A network of systems to continue the conversation and broaden the development of workable solutions
- An ability to speak and strategize in a group setting
- An ability to create a vision and bring it from concept to policy
The full registration fee covers each participant’s meals as stated below, limited ground transportation to and from designated locations, books, materials and participation in all plenary sessions and workshops throughout the Summit. Early registration is strongly urged due to limited seating. Payment may be made by check payable to The Ethics Project and mailed to 40 N. Kingshighway 12F, St. Louis, MO 63108, through your school or district or on-line below. Personal checks must be received at least four weeks in advance.
Students may be substituted at any time with advance notice. Due to the size and complexities of the Summit plenary sessions and workshops, registration fees are non-refundable.
Students and chaperones are responsible for hotel accommodations. Early reservations are encouraged. Discount sites such as Expedia or Travelocity are recommended. Drury Inns provided both breakfast and evening meals in their cost.
- Lunches will be provided Monday and Tuesday. Groups who registered prior to September 30th will also receive a meal on Sunday and Monday evening.
Student registration is completed upon payment of the registration fee. Please register via the button below. Additional tickets for the November 12th opening ceremony may be purchased. We look forward to having you join us.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN. Click here for group discounts, fee waivers, or deferred payments.